Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Halo 4 War Games Daily Challenges - 11/27/12

Please subscribe above this and/or follow me on twitter! Have any ideas or comments about the challenges? Post them down below!  

The Challenges:

Game Over, Man! - Complete 4 matchmaking War Games matches. - 1250 XP
Well, it seems that we get one really easy challenge and then a pretty hard one. If you are having trouble guessing, this is the really easy one. Now, this challenge does not require you to be present for an entire game to count. You just need to be there at the end when the score is totaled. Four games should not at all be a problem and you will more than likely complete this challenge while working on the "I Predict a Riot" challenge. If you are not going for that challenge, which I completely understand, just try to have fun and play through some games.


I Predict a Riot - Earn 4 Killing Spree medals in a single match. - 2400 XP
Well, I guess this is better than the five that was required last time we had this challenge with the stipulation of it being done in a single match. Regardless, expect this challenge to give you a decent amount of trouble for this measly reward. Now, a Killing Spree in War Games is when you score five kills in a row without dying. Dominion has always been the best gametype for me with this challenge. If you can get a heavy vehicle, like a Scorpion or Wraith tank, you can definitely knock out a few sprees. Any objective gametype will typically serve well for this challenge. It seems that if you get enough sprees two games in a row this challenge will glitch and unlock, but I have not had the chance to test that today.

See the War Games Weekly Challenges here.
See the War Games Monthly Challenge here.
See the Campaign Weekly Challenges here.
See the Spartan Ops Weekly Challenges here.

8 comments:

  1. I have an issue that I need some help with. I am fairly new to Halo, and I have been Participating in the Halo 4 Wargames. The problem that I am having is scoring. No matter what I try I always seem to be the worst player on the team. There have been several times when I had more kills and Assists that other members on my team but they ranked Higher. I understand the skill required when playing a game such as this, but what is the Scoring Method used. Can someone please give me an idea as to what needs to what I need to do without belittleing me for asking a question. I want to be a better player for the team that I am on. So please if you can give me any answers an act like an adult when doing so then by all means feel free, but if you are going to act like a child then just keep it to yourself. Thank you in advance for any answers that you can give me on the scoring method used in Halo 4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try to watch your kill to death ratio. Sounds like you're getting the kills and assists in, maybe you're also dying alot.
    Headshots are worth more points than regular kills. As are assassinations, or sticky kills.
    Halo 4 has also added a "Distraction" medal, so you get points for drawing fire for the rest of the team.
    If you're playing objective games (capture the flag, oddball) be a team player certainly, but also try to carry the flag/ball, or capture the domination point.
    Finally, betrayals (killing players on your own team) used to count negatively against your team score - this is not as obvious in Halo 4 as Halo 3, but betrayals are still possible and will negatively affect your score.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a 40 year old adult that plays Halo regularly and I completely sympathize with your plight. It is particularly depressing because I play with my 10-year-old son who regularly ends up scoring up near the top.

    I am going to say somethings that are contrary to conventional gamer wisdom, but I believe they are true.

    First, performance in some of the matches is dictated by what I am going to call the "game connection." I don't know if it is the player's wifi network, server performance or something else, I am not a computer network professional as you can tell, but I have routinely had poor performance during a match because my game connection was a half second slower than other players. It is most obvious when you see players "phasing" all over the board, but I believe it happens more often than we know. I usually have one or two kills a night where my opponent (who I know is playing) is standing still and not reacting to my presence. I offer this comment so you feel better about your performance -- you are not as bad as you think! Look there are some phenomenal matchmaking players and I tip my hat to some of them, they are all that and a bag of chips. But I have played Halo non-stop for close to 3 years, and I believe that after you get past the cream of the crop, a good bit of performance is just the game connection.

    Second, you need to figure out which matchmaking game you like the most and focus a good deal of time playing that game. My son's friend likes halo, but LOVES playing infection. It is all he plays unless forced to play something else. He is an fantastic infection player and ok in other phases of the game.

    Third, make SURE you are carrying your reticule high, not low. For whatever reason, when I started playing a lot of SWAT I was getting my butt handed to me on a regular basis. I figured out I was carrying my reticule too low and having to spend that split-second pushing it up while my head was getting shot off. For the record, I had gotten pretty good at SWAT on Halo Reach and have had less than adequate performance on that game on Halo 4.

    Fourth, play frenetically, channel you inner 10-year-old. Move quickly, never stop moving and always check your surroundings. If people watching you play don't get sea-sick, you are probably playing too slow. Listen for shooting and quickly move to that area, you might be able to finish off the player who is left, before their shields have regenerated.

    Fifth, know the maps and know the loadouts and keep track of which maps you have a better performance on. I truly believe it takes at least 100 matches or so to truly know a map. Also, even after getting to know a map, you need to understand that some maps will give you fits. I can tell you that I HATE complex on Halo 4. For whatever reason, I always epically fail on that map. I did very well on coundown on reach once I got to know the sightlines and angles.

    Keep trying and keep playing, you should be happy with the results in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete