Friday, June 1, 2012

Thanks

How's it going?  Good?  Bad?  Mediocre?  Just simply "meh?"  Either way, let's have a talk.  NO! Not that talk.

I know a lot of people have moved over from other sites that shut down recently for the Halo Reach Challenges Guides.  I can tell so because this last month the blog has received the most traffic ever at 17,000 views.  For this blog, that is a drastic increase and has helped push the blog past a 100,000 views all-time.  Now, that is not a lot compared to other sites but, still, the most ever for this site.  For those that are new, follow on Twitter here and Youtube here.

First off, I would like to say "Thank you!" for that and would also like to say that I plan on keeping up those guides at least until the release of Halo 4 and possibly beyond depending on what Halo 4 presents.  If Halo 4 has Daily Challenges, which I have not seen any talk about, I will start doing Daily Challenge Guides for that.  If not, I will possibly keep up with the Reach Guides for at least a little while.

There was also talk by myself of a BoB/Datapad Guide for Halo Reach that was to come out this summer.  This was already partially in the works with several BoB kills and Datapads having been captured but I am going to have to axe this project, unfortunately.  Time is simply against me in this at the moment.  However, I did some looking around and already found a substitute set of guides.  LordFriendship, over at the Halo Waypoint Forums, has already compiled an extensive guide of all the BoBs in Reach.  His videos can be found here on youtube.

Now in terms of Halo 4, I will be doing guides and videos for Achievements, levels on various difficulties (if requested), and I also plan on doing guides for all the Spartan Ops missions as soon as they come out (within reason).  I think, so far, they are looking at one release a week and with my new comp, I can pump out HD vids pretty fast.  No clue about how difficult or long these missions will be but, hopefully, I can put up strategies for co-op and solo runs.

Now, at the moment I am employed and that takes away pretty much all of my free time but that employment will likely end in mid-July.  At that point, I plan on branching out to doing guides on different games besides Halo.  It isn't the only game I play and likely isn't the only game you play.  Once I am in a position to make guides, I would love to hear what guide you all want to see on this site.  I do have all the current systems and I can capture video on all those systems.

(Just a few other things to bring to light and I promise this post will be over.)

I will also try to get into reviewing games and other gaming products for anyone who wants to hear my meager and probably biased opinions.  The likelihood of me getting advanced copies is very low, as I couldn't even get those at an actual news website, but I will try to pick some titles, get them early, and get reviews up quick.

Finally, there are other projects in the works that are not directly associated with this blog but will be talked about through here.  One such project is a rather large mod for Skyrim which I am currently co-developing.  I can't say anything else about it at the moment, but definitely expect some news on that this summer.  As well, there is at least one other project going but I am not ready to discuss that in any details at all for the moment.  Sorry.

Well, there you have it, a lengthy post of solid text, the kind of post that people definitely read through and actually pay attention too.  Allow me to post this for you.






Thanks, for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment