Saturday, April 2, 2011

Halo Reach Daily Challenges Guide - 4/2/11


Please follow the blog this and/or follow me on twitter!

Covenant-cide - Kill 120 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking
This one is basically a one game challenge.  On average, you will hit a hundred and twenty kills in Score Attack.  I would normally recommend Gruntpocalypse for this challenge but that playlist is the easiest to fall short in.  Grunts love to throw grenades, but often they kill themselves and their comrades.  Unless you had dealt them damage before hand, that is a kill that you lose.

Instead, 2X Score Attack seems to be the better option.  Playing that, I was able to hit a hundred and twenty-one kills.  Regular Score Attack definitely has a lower number of enemy spawns, but 2X is near the same as Gruntpocalypse.
Reward - 1100cR

Sweep the Leg - Perform an Assassination in multiplayer Matchmaking.
This is the simplest challenge of the day.  It is hard to say what a good playlist for this challenge is.  It really depends on your opposition and how attentive they are.  Idle people are always useful in this regard and you also have to be

I have always had luck with Team Snipers.  People tend to camp a lot in this playlist.  You can easily use that to your advantage on a map like Uncaged and other small maps.
Reward - 1000cR

The Little Guys - Kill 200 Grunts in Campaign today on Normal or harder.
Typically, the shorter levels are better for these challenges; Winter Contingency and Nightfall.  Two-hundred kills is a large enough amount to warrant playing some of the longer missions.  Tip of the Spear and ONI: Sword Base are a good place to rack up the Grunt Kills.

A single play-through of Winter Contingency on Normal got me eighty-seven Grunt kills,  ONI: Sword Base brought in seventy, and Nightfall brought in eighty-two kills.  I do believe that on Heroic, those numbers are raised some but the Grunts are much easier to kill on Normal.
Reward - 1500cR

Put Your Quarter Up - Complete 15 games in multiplayer Matchmaking.
It's the weekend, so we all knew that Bungie was going to put in a grinding challenge.  I'm happy that it is games played and not wins, however.  Not much advice to give for this one.  Slayer games will typically go faster than Objective games.  SWAT is normally the fastest.

In the end, play something you enjoy.  Playing with friends also help since they tend to make most game playing experiences more enjoyable.
Reward - 1750cR


2 comments:

  1. Excuse me, please stop copying me. I work hard on these guides and I don't need some dude taking my work without my permission. I write these guides for free even though I have a very tight schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a load of free time, don't you? Stop spamming my blog. I do not feel like having to constantly delete redundant comments.

    And, copying? Really? Challenge symbol on a different side, I don't have a separate register for challenge details, you don't have a separate register for reward, I don't pretend to have a difficulty rating scale, our sites look nothing alike, my daily guides are generally posted before yours, and, oh yeah, I started doing this more than a month before you started.

    People commented asking me to change up my format and lengthen my guide. I did. Did I copy you? No. Why would I copy you? You aren't even the most successful at it. If I was going to copy from anyone, I would copy someone who actually writes better guides and doesn't rely on stupid glitches and tricks for simple Daily Challenges.

    You can keep tossing around this garbage about me copying you all you want. But it will only make you look like an idiot. Anyone who actually reads though the guide will see that I haven't copied you at all.

    ReplyDelete