Thursday, October 13, 2011

Halo Reach Daily Challenges Guide - 10/13/11

Please subscribe above this and/or follow me on twitter! Have any ideas or comments about the challenges? Post them down below! 

The Challenges:
Light Fare - Kill 100 enemies in any game mode in Reach. - 3000cR
There is really no need to even look at or worry about this challenge. Since you need to get a thousand kills on the Firefight map Corvette today for "Unto The Breach," this challenge is kind of taken care of, and overshadowed, by that harder one. Just play through and during your first game, this challenge will pop for three-thousand credits. Sound pretty easy to me. As well, do not forget to go for Multikills in multiplayer Matchmaking today for the Weekly Challenge.

Unto The Breach - Kill 1000 enemies on Corvette in Firefight Matchmaking. - 6000cR
This challenge will be the focal point of the day since it requires so many kills. A thousand is a large, hefty number and will probably take you about nine to ten games. The caveat here is that all the kills need to be on the map Corvette. Due to this reason, I am definitely encouraging you to play in the Score Attack playlist. It is the only way you will be able to pick the Corvette map, hopefully every time. Go for any gametype besides regular Score Attack and Mythic Attack since those have slightly less enemies and are harder. Gruntpocalypse, 2X Score Attack, and Rocket Attack are the preferred gametypes.

A Simple Spree - Earn any spree in Firefight Matchmaking. - 2000cR
A spree in Firefight is ten kills in a row without a death interrupting said kills. This is your easiest challenge today as this is insanely easy to achieve in Firefight Matchmaking. In fact, you should have this done with your first ten kills. Not much else for me to say about this, but focus on "Unto The Breach." It will take up a lot more time.

Hyper Lethal Vector - Kill 200 enemies with headshots in Firefight Matchmaking. - 3000cR
As you no doubt already know, you will be going for a thousand kills today in Firefight Matchmaking. However, getting two-hundred headshot kills among those should not be a problem at all. I would stick to Gruntpocalypse while going for this challenge. In Gruntpocalypse you can head shot every single one of the a hundred and twenty enemies thrown at you. Due to that fact, you will have this challenge done in two games. Knock it out quick so it is just one less thing to worry about.

See the Weekly Challenge here.
Also on Examiner.com.

9 comments:

  1. My definition of fun:

    A Daily Challenge that encourages playing a certain map...a LOT, but making the map hard to come by while offering other maps TWICE.
    Super.
    I got to 550 kills and quit out (for the last time) after an hour. Not that I could just kill Covies on Corvette for that hour. No- if you didn't get Corvette in the rotation, you gotta pray that the last option is Crashsite.
    I have 1,365 dailies done, and this was ridiculous.

    Secondly- were you aware that the multikills don't stack for the weekly? (Ex- a double kill is ONE multikill, a triple kill counts as ONE multikill). I would've had what would've counted as FIFTY multikills in firefight, in 1 game of griftball...and I was basically credited with each multikill medal. Ridiculous. Inconsistent.

    Sadly for me, this is the only game on the market, apparently. Not happy today. Oh, well- Go Brewers...

    Thanks for being there for my rant- you are my rock (lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure what you mean about the Multikills. Say you got a Killionaire, that would always only count as nine Multikills since you got nine multikills medals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, it's not.

    I just got 2 doubles, a triple, and an overkill. I was credited with 4 multikills for the weekly. I should have been credited 7 (1 for each double, 2 for the triple, and three for the overkill). My point is- you get credited 1 multikill no matter how many you racked up within 4 seconds of each other.

    Your credit for multikills is directly in proportion to the multikill medals you got, not the multikills themselves. If you got 30 Killionaire medals in one game, guess what? 30 multikills. Totally fair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Killionaire, which is 10 kills within 4 seconds of each other 'would always' count as 9 since the first kill doesn't count for credits towards actual multikills, yes. Guess what it's worth for the weekly? ONE multikill. I'm dying for you to see it...lol. One medal=One multikill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I know its that way. That is the way it has been since this started and it does make sense that way. You are expecting them to credit you for a kill you have already been credited for, which does not exactly make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It makes perfect sense. If I kill a guy, and immediately kill another one- that's one multikill. But I'm expecting too much to get credit on every additional kill within 4 seconds after that...even though that's how you initially earned the first multikill?! It may be worth noting that I should just back off like in "The Dream Shake" challenge since there's no incentive.

    I'm not asking for credit for 3 multikills if it's a triple kill. I'm saying that if I get a kill, then another kill (there's your first multikill), and then another kill (second multikill), then you should, and have in the past, been credited for 2 multikills.

    What I'm saying is: WHY did they bother with using the word 'multikill' in the challenge, then? It may as well read, "Earn 200 Double kills in multiplayer matchmaking this week", cause that's how they're doing it.

    It's possible that the way multikills register have escaped me until now- I'll give you that. I do remember doing what I describe on SWAT in the past: After I earned a double, I'd search fiercely for other players 'cause I knew the multikills would stack up past a double kill.

    You even said earlier (and I agree) that a Killionaire should count as 9.

    And I'm not blaming you for the parameters of said challenge, since that would make no sense lol. Oh well- at least you got someone on here to 'kick the can around' with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, I see what you are saying. So it is only counting the initial Double Kill? What the hell? I'll have to give it a look. Haven't been able to play this week due to work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. THANK YOU!!!

    I was inches away from making you divulge your gamertag (so I could see your progress) since I was getting the vibe that you didn't have the opportunity to truly appreciate it. Yeah, they botched this one.

    I had to walk away from it again today- it was impossible (with votes) to get Dino Blasters, Splockets, or have a meaningful game of invasion for my 3 measly kills. So once again, I was wrangled into playing a ton of lame gametypes while getting nothing done. Oh- and my wife was ready to grab dinner for our 11th anniversary (I'm only 32, don't judge me lol).

    Yeah- we just bought a house, so my time and patience has been REAL slim. I'm wondering how much I'll be dealing with Reach once Halo: CE comes out...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, all the multiplayer will be on Reach still, so probably some my friend lol.

    ReplyDelete