Sunday, September 5, 2010

Predictions 2010



Rookie Camp for the Washington Capitals starts on September 12th. Training Camp starts on September 18th. That means that hockey is starting back up for the DC/MD/VA area. It is, indeed, a fun time. The first game, in any capacity, for Ted Leonsis's organization will be the, now annual, Caps vs. Flyers Rookie game on September 16th. I would have loved to see Della Rovere in a bout with one of the lil' Flyers, but alas he is now in other hands (Have fun in St. Louis, Stefan! I hear the Rams will do great this year! And Mike Green will win the Norris. And Pronger will win the Lady Byng. And Ben Clymer will date a skinny girl.)

It seems that right now is prime time for season predictions. Everyone does these, but I want to put a twist on them. While eagerly awaiting the roster for the Caps Rookie Camp, I figured I would have some fun with these predictions. Why not? So predictions after the jump!

First Cap to get into a fight in a regular season game: Matt Bradley, Had to give myself a slam dunk here. It would be easy to say DJ King, but he won't be in every game. Odds on favorite here has to be Bradley.


Amount of blood Bradley losses from fighting this year: 3 Gallons, Evidence here >.


Number of time Locker says "Stop it here!" while telestrating: 200 +/- about 10.

Number of blockheaded dead-line deals by McPhee: 1, Just like last year (see Corvo).

Number of times Semin will trip over the blue line: 28 times, Seems like a good number.

Number of time the Caps don't show up to a game this year: 30 times, And thats better than last year.

Player who will get Bourque'd this year: Mathieu Perreualt, I simply have feeling.

Player who will get Nylander'd this year: Nylander, He won't get moved. Trust me. Just tossed into the minors or over to Europe again.

Will the Caps score more than 1 goal in the playoffs: Yes, I say they double, No!, even triple that number!


Will Fleischmann get traded: No, I weep at this fact.

Which rookie D-man will crack first: Alzner, Cause he will be stuck with TFS.


That's all the predictions I dare to make, kids.

________________________________________

A quick shout out to Damien Cox for being a complete idiot! I spent a good deal of time wondering if you have any clue how contracts work and how cap hits are calculated. It seems that you don't, but I definitely wondered as I read your article. Grouping Ovechkin's contract with Hossa's, Luongo's, Kovalchuck's, and others was really just plain stupid. Stick to talking about Toronto. They were bad enough last year that most people probably just found your stupidity entertaining.

And another quick shout out to Mr. Leonsis for responding to the "Cox's" article. I sincerely doubt that the "Cox" even read your response, but if he did, he probably felt even more stupid. I'm gonna go ahead and guess that you were spot on about Damien being a little sore with Ovechkin for not participating in their little book project. Great response there!

As it reads now...

1 comment: